CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
/

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful On This Day and Everday



 November is the month of Thanksgiving. It seems people only stop to think of what they're thankful for around this time of year. My Thanksgiving is year round. I have that warm fuzzy feeling every time I get to hold my baby, kiss her, see her walk, listen to her beautiful voice. Simply feeling her sweet hand on my cheek when we sleep, or hearing her say Momma is the greatest gift I've ever been given. For all that I'm thankful and not just in November but every single day.
I'm thankful Avery has defied all odds with her prematurity. We were told when she was born she may never crawl, walk, talk, see, or hear. She's done all of those and done them well. She's proving that premature babies should never be underestimated. They are strong and have to fight from the second they're born to live and thrive in this world. Every breath is a gift and a chore for them, every ounce they gain is a huge accomplishment. I'm so thankful for every breath she fought so hard to take and for every ounce she struggled to gain.
To look at her now you would have no idea she had such a rough start. I'm beyond grateful for her, her health, her progress, her will to live, and her strength. God has blessed me more than I deserve and I can't thank Him enough. We've had the worst possible outcome and the best possible outcome with premature babies. I'm thankful for both of my miracles. I'm thankful Adison fought so hard to live for the time she did. She was so sick and for her to have lived 19 days is nothing short of a miracle.
I'm thankful to know one day I'll see Adison in Heaven. I'm thankful for my Salvation, without it I wouldn't see her again. God's plan is perfect. I know and trust that even if I don't understand the whys. I'm not meant to understand and I'm coming to terms with that.
I'm thankful on this day and everyday for life. It's such a precious gift that's often taken for granted. I'm thankful that it's something I don't take for granted.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving but I hope even more that you are thankful everyday for life and all the blessings you're given :)

She's running down the hallway :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment